Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 April 2020

Pull together






Isn't it funny ( well not really) a couple of months ago we were being urged  to 'Be Kind' after the suicide of Caroline Flack and then yesterday I saw some absolutely vile things being said about the Prime Minister, who had been hospitalised and later admitted to ICU..

I don't care what your political persuasion is, saying hideous things about someone who is ill with what has been seen globally as a deadly infection, is really bad form. Imagine if someone made those comments about one of your loved ones who was ill, I'm sure you would be appalled.

 As said earlier, a couple of months ago 'Be Kind,'  was being screamed from every form of social media and red top rags.

In fairness though if you have to be told to be kind...……………...well there is little hope is there.

Kindness should be something that comes naturally.

And so ends the rant for the day.


Very sad news came through that the absolutely beautiful Honor Blackman had passed away aged 94.
As an 'Avenger' and a Bond girl she was incredibly sassy as well as being very well spoken { elocution lessons}
She was throughout her life  a true beauty and head turner.
RIP Honor, you were the best Bond girl ever in my opinion.

In other news, I managed to get some sewing done last night in between watching 'return to the Chateau DIY', I have lots of plans for my hallway and watching this has made me determined to do it, mine is a little job and watching some of these total novices, mend roofs, replace windows, I feel full of  DIY  bravado.

Seriously if Fiona can rip out the plumbing  and put in a new bathroom suite, I'm sure I can do my hallway improvements!

If Stephanie can renovate an old horse drawn carriage, I can sort out my stair carpet and door trims.

I am online eyeing up power tools!!!

And talking about The Wickets, it is 9 months since I moved in! can you believe it!!!!????

With 7 months taken up by being unable to walk and 3 of these being without the  use of my arm, its great to be able to plan to do things.

A little bit of crickety news.
In line with a lot of companies, Yorkshire have now furloughed the players and coaches to go along with the other staff at HQ.
More of us will find this happening shortly I think. I also know that many will lose their jobs as a result of the lockdown and the financial implications this brought about.
We must all hope that they can find other employment.
A time when kindness will be needed in abundance is not too far away.

Stay safe one and all.










No comments :