Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 January 2022

Concorde, cable knits and charity

 



Planning the next couple of the months is very much at the forefront of my mind at the moment, so I am currently sorting out another visit to 'Alpha Charlie'. I will today be hoping to book a technical tour on AC and on a Nimrod. Might as well have double the fun ( if this is your idea of fun).

This may be end of Feb as I hate the drive over the barren wastes of Saddleworth Moor.

I have been asked to do 2 more teddies in cricket sweaters, I said before Xmas that I had done my last one, however if I take it slowly hopefully no flare up of carpel tunnel.

These will be the last as I really need to cut down on a lot of 'extra' things this year ( my resolution).

I am also making a monthly donation to the RNLI. This will the place of my annual charity drive, which over the years has seen me raising funds for Refuge ( Domestic Violence charity) and  last year hosting afternoon teas to raise money for Breast Cancer now.

Most of these have taken a lot of preparation and commitment ( not to mention the 'party bags'), and this year I really need to pull back time for me. Not as selfish as it sounds, but after running myself into the ground over the last year, I just want to catch my breath. I've been seeing a lot over the last few months  about the great work done by  the volunteers of  the RNLI, this is my chosen charity  to donate to.

I will also be making donations to the local charity who helped my garage man Frank. I will never forget seeing his feet disappearing under the plank of wood  nailed to the  old garage!!

 I took some bedding round after I finished work last night, the local shelter is short so the ladies said they would pass these on. Tomorrow its , towels and some spare kitchen things.

its a win/win. they get some much needed things and I get some extra space.

There will also be a one off donation to the Dogs Trust.

So Concorde, cable knits and charity sorted lets look at the cricket news.

Australia batted nearly all day and declared on 416.

England have just had a close shave nearly being 10-1, but got away with it.

Ben Stokes was injured  and it seems he won't be bowling in the remainder of this game.


and with that I am off.








No comments :