Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 4 January 2022

Lets do this

 


So its the big day and time to get settled in the new home office ( pic above is the first version, we are now on the 3rd version, its a long and very boring story).

Time to step up to the mark and take on my role as 'Change Analyst ' as I am to be known in America! Here in the UK I am part of a team of Doc Controllers all with our own little section!

Hair washed, slap on an ready to go.

Now about my man in the garage.

Before Christmas he was found a place in a shelter  and was given some money and clothes etc. Before he left the garage for his new home, I gave him a bag of toiletries and towels, hoping that they would be useful.

Yesterday afternoon as I was walking past the food bank/charity, who did a huge amount to help him get off the street ( or out of the garage), someone shouted me, I turned to see a man smiling and waving. He was clean shaven, short cut hair and I had no idea who he was..............well yes obviously it was the garage man ( Frank).

I went over to chat and ended up having a cup of tea. It turns out he is doing really well. He has  been helped to get a room in a house share and so very soon will have a permanent  address, at the moment he is doing some driving and helping with the charity who feed him for his efforts, and he has an interview for a job next week, so the ladies at the charity were sorting out some smart clothes for him.

I have to say that their help has nearly got him right  back on his feet and he is starting the new year with renewed hope.

Baby steps but he is getting his life slowly back together.


I need to get myself together and head off across the landing to work!


Have a great day.





No comments :