Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 January 2022

A quick look back.


 I would normally do a month by month review of my year, but to be honest I think that 2021, like 2020, is better off skimmed over.

That's not to say that its been all doom and gloom, I've been at rock bottom most of the year, both physically and mentally exhausted, but have been able to spend a lot of time, once we were allowed,  mingling with friends.

So lets start.

Like everyone here in the UK, the early part of the year was spent in lockdown. My sister was released from hospital and I set about being meals on wheels, well it kept me out of mischief!!

I set aside an hour every Friday evening for cocktail hour and have continued this right through the year.



By May we were out of lockdown and I was in full entertaining mode and using all my treasured china, I had my oldest friends round for afternoon tea, it was wonderful, we've been friends since infant school and with over 200 years combined ages we had a glorious afternoon.




I also had my friends little brown dog, Micky to stay, and he came to stay a lot this year, keeping me company and getting me out and about on our walks, which in the evening usually ended at the local brewery or gin factory!



June saw me getting very excited as I was heading to HQ to watch cricket, well T20. It was Yorkshire v Durham, I was staying at The Lodge and it was great to see Helen and Jess, things seemed a little bit normal, yes very normal, it flipping well started raining in the afternoon and the game was called off without a ball being bowled. The disappointment, the hangover ( I over did cocktail hour), the expense!

However, a message came through and the following day I stopped off in Wetherby and had lunch and a wander around with TLML and TLMLM. This has led to monthly meet up for TLML which is something that I very much  look forward to.



July saw me heading off to stay with my lovely friends Carole and Philip, what a fabulous weekend, including a visit to Wentworth Woodhouse..

The weekend was over in the blink of an eye, but it was so good to see Yorkshire looking so wonderful.






August came and I got to see Yorkshire take on Sussex at Chester le Street  (due to the made up game being played at Headingley).

Sussex won and were off to finals day along with Kent and TLJL. He had been having a brilliant season.

September was on us quickly and, Kent were T20 champs.

I headed off to Scarborough to see all three of my lads playing.  Silly prices for apartments and hotels nearly finished this trip before it started but thanks to the  lovely Martin, Alison and Lily ( and the girls), I stayed in a beautiful house, in an idyllic village just outside Scarborough. Peace and quiet and fresh eggs for brekkie thanks to the girls, what more could you ask for?

I had lunch with TLML and TLMLM, seeing the lads and also everyone's favourite umpire. being recognised by some of  The Victoria Cricket Club. Meeting Mr and Mrs Revis too. What a few days.

One the last day I was totally surprised when TLML turned up with Afternoon tea, just the most amazing time.








September  saw my curls finally disappear, where they have gone is anyone's guess, so it was time to rock the straight hair !   

I booked to go on holiday for my birthday and was massively excited!

October was just another month struggling through work, I secured a job but they were unable to give me a start date.

Yorkshire contacted me to say that I couldn't sponsor my 3 lads again ( which was a shame as I was hoping to add another to Team Lainey )

The shit hit the fan at Yorkshire big style and then it was November.

I headed off to spend my birthday in Reykjavik, all organised by the lovely Dale, who sorted it all out for me.








I had such a wonderful time that I knew I would go back  (and I am). It was one of the most amazing countries that I have ever been to. Stunningly, starkly, beautiful with the friendliest people.

I cannot wait to go back in March.

Best birthday ever.

I was still interviewing  for jobs as I have no date to start for the original job. I had not received a contract or any information.

I was offered 2 other job in this time and chose to go to work for an American company. I start tomorrow.

Had  our 'Christmas do' in Northallerton with TLML


Finished work in 17th and had a massive tour to catch up with friends.

York with the Leanings

Matfen with the Jones's and Eric

Ponteland with James Bond 

home and Christmas.

New Years Eve was lovely, as in a totally grown up and mature moment I had lunch with Martin and Alison and Lily, check me out!!!! trying to be all grown up, instead of partying the night away and ended up sleeping on the toilet floor!!!

And now its  nearly  the start of my new job.

I'm excited and looking forward to it.

And with that I am signing off 2021.

Its 2022  and its going to be an absolute cracker.

Happy New Year to you all.

No comments :