Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 September 2018

Game on

So after an early start, I met up with Craig, one year on, now a retired Firefighter, Craig is enjoying life as a photographer, and wow he takes some exceptional pictures.
After much catching up and chatter, I had a look through his 'holiday' pictures, a month in Canada, whale watching.

These pictures were absolutely stunning and made me reconsider some of my travel plans in the next few years.

We caught up with Ray and Mary who both look very well and have been enjoying a summer of cricket together.

And then there was the weather, which started with warmth and sunshine as I left home, and then got a little bit grey and blustery as I moved south.
We sat through  gale force winds, a very cold and clothes soaking rain storm and then sunshine, turning to bitter cold before we headed home.

It was a great day and great to catch up with Craig, who has now decided to stay for one more day so that we can have more chatter.

And then there was Yorkshire,

They were trying to bowl Hampshire out and I have to say that in those winds I would not have wanted to be running up. Bressy managed to take a 5fer though.

After rain stop play we managed to bowl out the Southern boys and then were back in batting, Lythy got a half century and we were 172-4 at stumps.

Come on lads do me proud.

And talking doing me proud, TLJL hit his second century in a week, getting 126 in the 2nds match.
You just know he will be in the first team next week! should I head off to Worcestershire??
Might be worth a trip!

Durham had a disastrous trip to Leicestershire where they were bowled out twice in two sessions, both scores in the 60's.
Highest scorer for the team was former Tyke Alex Lees with 16!!!

Right I am off to have some breakfast and then a brisk walk before meeting up with Craig for more laughter.

Happy Thursday where ever you are.


No comments :