Powered By Blogger

Saturday 8 September 2018

I'm back!



Well we've jumped from midweek to the weekend, I've been off on my mini holibobs to Nottingham.
What a couple of days it has been.

Thursday say me heading off at 5.30am  to Nottingham and before I knew it I was parked up and knocking quietly on Sophies front door.

We headed off to Trent Bridge to meet the other third of the gang, Jim who had brought his friend Jay along moral support). These 3 were broken from a night out in Nottingham.
 we watched a great bit of cricket ( if you love Yorkshire) and at lunch headed to the Larwood for some refreshment.
back to the ground and rain started. And continued, meaning that we had to retire to the Larwood again!
By the time they called off play we were in great spirits.

We bumped into Jonny Tatts and had a chat, and then headed into town, meaning that when Dave Bracegirdle tipped up to see us we were wandering through the streets of Nottingham.

Jim and Jay went for their train and Sophie and  I went home for tea, all respectable like!
We thought!

However Sophies husband Terry put a different spin on it last night.

Terry.

'I knew it was bad when you rang the doorbell, I opened the door you both fell in and then started chattering 20 to the dozen.'

oh dear!!!

Friday dawned with me fully dressed having slept on the couch!

Shower, coffee, toast and we were ready for........................ sitting on the sofa and watching the test!

Terry came home from work and took us to the pub! ( this man never learns!)

midnight sees Sophie and I having a rare old time watching TOTP 2 The 80's. oh I bet the neighbours loved us!
Bed and up early.

I made it home in one piece and have now retired to bed!

Its been the best few days with my wonderful friends.
I miss them already.






No comments :