Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 September 2018

Long walk



So I had a bit of  a lie in and then got up and stripped the beds and set the washing machine aay, how quickly I get back into my routine.
I then decided to head off for a walk up to the great North Road and see what I could find berry wise.

I manage to get some plump elderberries and also lots of sloes which by now were high up on the trees and very fat. I got a bag of them and carried on my walk chatting to various dogs and owners along the way.


I met a lady  with two cockerpoos and we were chatting about the various berries, she said that yesterday she had got over 3lb of blackberries. I said that I had not found too many this year.
She told me that she struggled with the sloes as they were all high up and as she was not very tall wasn't able to reach, so I gave her the bag of sloes that I had picked and went on my way.
I was really enjoying the peace and quiet of the walk and headed off down through the woods towards the local parade of shops.

As I headed to buy some milk I saw the lady with the cockerpoos, walking quickly towards me. As we drew level she handed me a bag of blackberries!!!
She had gone home to get me some of the ones that she had picked and set off to find me.
What a lovely gesture.

Back home as it started to rain, I had been out for nearly 2 hours and now I am about to sort out the foraging haul and get on with some housework.


Have a lovely Sunday.






No comments :