Powered By Blogger

Friday 24 June 2022

Thought for Friday




 After what I can only describe as a rollercoaster 6 months, I am pleased to be back on solid ground, upside I have realised  that life is too short to be unhappy with a situation, so just change it. I have put up with unhappy situations over the last 20 years ( marriage, job) and struggled on ( for the same amount of years it seems, 5 is obviously the number that finally makes me break free).  Now I am taking every chance/opportunity that comes my way and not looking back.

This week has been a a tough one,  40 years since an accident which changed my life forever. Also The day that Jon and I loved more than anything and had our own way of celebrating, well those are in the past and now firmly back there. The accident was life changing, and change my life it did, but I would never have met Jon if not for it and probably would not be writing a blog. So I do believe that everything happens for a reason.

Closing one door will always open another, I have only truly realised this recently, and I went through the newly opened door at a gallop.

This week, my friend lost her wonderful 14 year old grandson, so suddenly that  even writing this I am still unsure it really happened, she saw him before he went to school and shortly afterwards he collapsed and died. Life is too short and we never know what is around the corner. So take every chance that comes your way.

A touch of crickety news, The Vikings won against The Rapids. AND  Yorkshire 2nds beat Durham 2nds by 4 wickets. Well done teeny Tykes, very well played.


I am now off to enjoy the last day of the week.

Have a great weekend. Hug your loved ones tightly and  take a chance.

No comments :