Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 June 2022

A night at the cricket


 Yesterday was super busy as I did all the chores as quickly as possible to be able to set off to  Leeds.

It was not looking too promising as I drove through the worst hale storm at Harewood, very large hale stones, and pretty horrible driving conditions.

Parking up at the Lodge, I remembered that the lovely Helen would no longer be there. Ah the fun times ( for me not so much for Helen).

I  followed  Dickie into the car park, that 57 point turn to reverse into a parking space was  7 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Room sorted ( Michael Vaughan room!!!!!!), car moved to Car Park F and quick bite at Ugly Mugs, and nearly time for the game......................except that the rain had other ideas.

2 hours later we were away but the game was  down to 8 overs a side. losing Lyth first ball did not bode well!

Yorkshire Vikings lost by 9 wickets.

A bit of a damp squib in more ways than one.

Good to see Matty out with the Vikings.

As for  today, well I am off to have brunch with TLML and a spot of shopping.

And finally Happy Birthday to our favourite umpire, who I will be catching up with later this month at a Yorkshire 2nds game.

Have a lovely day, and hope you are all looking forward to a very long weekend.




No comments :