Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 December 2019

Last day for 2 weeks








As regular readers may know, that last Christmas my company cancelled everyone's planned holidays and made us go into work.This year I had everything set in place for a week in the sun and then the doctors pulled the plug on it, and just to add insult to injury, the company decide that we can all have 2 weeks off, I could use a long list of profanitites, but I won't. Life is strange like that sometimes.

I haven't shelved the idea of flying away for a few days in the mid of the holidays.

However today is the last day and as I attempt to close off  the last of the years jobs ( yes on the last day, thanks to the 2 Richard Tators not doing what they are paid mega bucks to do ), as well as put  on a running buffet for all 'the lads', I will be willing it to be 2pm when they can all go on a pub crawl and I can go home and shut the door on it all.

My one wish is that I finally escape next year.

All the drama aside  I look back on my working year with a sense of pride. I can see what myself and my fabulous team have achieved. They are a brilliant  bunch and I cannot speak highly enough about them.

We laugh and cry and support each other.
I fear that we may not be all together next Christmas.

Well I'm off to pack the car with all the food and gifts.

I may be back intermittently over the next 2 weeks. I want and need this break very badly.
I have lots of physio to do which I hope will help me to start the New Year in good form.

Have a great Christmas  one and all.



No comments :