Powered By Blogger

Sunday 23 February 2020

I will say this only once


In the wake of the suicide of Caroline Flack, I have read with interest the comments about 'Be Kind', it makes me wonder.
I would have thought that most normal folk would not need to be told this, they just are, I do accept that there are those who aren't and those that  hide behind a keyboard on social media etc.
I would have thought that at least 99.9%  of people are kind.

The campaign to get people to talk about how they feel, what is going on in their head and their life is an interesting one.
Sometimes its not that easy to just pour out what is happening in your life.

I read on Friday the awful account of Hannah Clarke, a mother of 3 in Australia , whose partner burnt her and her children to death in their car and then took his own life.

The sad thing about this was that this lady had suffered years of domestic abuse...…………..but did not talk to anyone as she did not think that she was being abused as her partner never hit her.
He did however mentally and financially abuse her, before the horrific events which led to 5 deaths.

I read this account about 3 times and cried.

I know exactly what it is like to be physically, mentally and financially abused.

I know how hard it is to try to talk to anyone about it, fear is a big  part of this, along with the feeling that no one will believe you.

I know the absolute  fear of going home from work, not knowing what to expect.
I know the feeling of being told every day that you are fat, ugly and stupid.
I know what it is like to have your bank account emptied,  when your wages have just gone in, to be given 'pocket money' , have your phone checked regularly and be accused of things that were not true.

Hannah Clarke went through this too.

I managed to run, albeit with injuries that healed, but memories that will never.

It is hard to write this down, and  I am hoping that it will be cathartic, and I can finally lay this ghost to rest, and that I can now try harder to help others suffering in a similar position.

I am very lucky, I am not a victim, I am a bounce back survivor.

Never judge a book by its cover as it may well be just that...……...a cover.


Hannah Clarke was not a celebrity, she was a Mum and as such her death and that of her children have just become old news. Her family  though have to live with the terrible loss.

Being kind and listening to people should be part of our general makeup, not something that we are instructed to do.


Always try be your best self.



I haven't written this down for sympathy of any kind. Its my personal story and I have deleted this about 10 times before I decided to actually publish it.










No comments :