Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Midweek



Its midweek , and I am feeling very relaxed this morning, mainly due to going for a massage last night. I experienced a brilliant  massage  which used the Bowen and Emmet technique.
Interesting and very good. 

About this time last year I went off on a jolly and also had a weekend retreat at a Spa, this year I am trying to sort out a cheeky trip to Malaga in about 6 weeks, Whether this comes to fruition is any ones guess. However as there was no Spa weekend on the cards I decided to head off for a massage.

My knee has been playing up a little and I am booked in for an exploratory op, something that I don't really want. In an attempt to sort out the PFPS  ( the problem with my knee) I have even turned to the woman who was the tennis double  for Kirsten Dunst in the film Wimbledon ( as well as training her and Paul Bettany), this is not as off the wall as it seem as she is also the sister of  Jon ( who passed away  last year). She teaches a form of exercise that helps the bodies equilibrium.  
New Age?
Strange?

well I don't care, after the last 7 months I just want to feel better, so combining all of this with physio and pilates I feel that I am finally facing it all head on.

Well before I settle down to the England news, I read yesterday that Liam Plunkett was thinking of a playing for America.

I had to chuckle especially after his tweets of annoyance that he hadn't been selected for any format in the England  team this winter.
To be honest maybe if he hadn't  p***d his career up the wall at Durham he may have had more years in the England fold. He did claw it back when he went to Yorkshire, but he is no spring chicken.
My opinion only

And then there is England, ahhhh, I even get to use my favourite word.
Hubris.
The press big them up, the World Cup champions, and then they get thrashed by South Africa.
And taking nothing away from the hosts, who played a blinder, especially their captain Quinton.
Maybe we should stop resting on our laurels and just play the game.
I appreciate that this was just the first ODI, but after all the fanfare for them, well..........only one word to describe it , Hubris.

And with that I am off to the office.


thought for the day 

When you cant change the direction of the wind, adjust your sails.








No comments :