Powered By Blogger

Monday 10 February 2020

Weekend gone in a flash



Well the weekend is over and I managed to finally get things done at The Wickets.

The chimney breast is now a cream colour rather than  horizontal stripes in shades of brown cream and teal.
Not as easy as that sounds, and hindsight being a wonderful thing, means that when I tackle the opposite wall in the same striped wallpaper I will be stripping it off and not trying to cover it with one coat paint.

I have the wallpaper for the bedroom ready to be hung { when I have stripped that wall too} and it is in my  favourite Laura Ashley paper.  I will have this done before the season starts.

I was supposed to be dog sitting Mickey the Cycleshop Border Terrier yesterday but the storm that hit { and is still raging} meant that all plans were cancelled.

In cricket England tied the series after a wash out on Friday.
Now we are down to T20, with my 2 favourites playing.


Interesting to read that Joe Root is saying that they haven't over bowled Archer. I seem to think that you have and its to be hoped that he is fit for the summer.

And I hear that there is an Aussie in the England Lions camp...………..

And with that I am off to brave the roads, parts of where I am heading are flooded so hopefully I can get through.

I do know that there will be emergencies as I've just taken a call to say that  a site is flooded and have sent out 3 engineers already.

Happy Monday








No comments :