Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 December 2020

Thursday already


 Another morning, another struggle to hoist my bulk out of bed, any chance of me walking two miles before I head to work are a distant memory, even walking downstairs is a total chore at 5.15am, and thats for coffee!


Cricket news seems to be a bit like most news, Covid outbreaks and teams shut down or players fined for breaching restrictions.

Its all a bit gloomy for my liking.

There are new signings for the upcoming season. Will we see live cricket?

anyone's guess.

Am I the only person who cannot understand why when pubs and restaurants are going to close people lose their minds. Pictures of people on the street, drunk and hugging each other ,being close to other people and no masks on, hmmm makes you wonder why we can't get a handle on the virus.

At least their is a vaccine for the virus, there is no cure for stupidity.


And all the hoo haa about 'no Christmas', of course there will be a Christmas, it will just be very different from one that we have had before. Seriously for one year, think hard about what you are doing.

Since the first  lockdown the furthest I travelled is to Wetherby about 40 miles south of me ( this was in August when we could travel again). Yes I've lost holidays abroad, but that's nothing in the scale of life.


And rant is over.


Wonderful word of the day is 


Apricity

Dating back to the 1620's


You know those cold winters days but the  sun is warm?

that's apricity.








No comments :