Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 December 2020

last week of 2020


 This time last year I had spent the day in Saltburn with my lovely friends Jacqui and Tony and Spike the BT, such a carefree day, Spike racing around he beach chasing balls,having fish and chips on the sea front, falling asleep on the way home.

None of us had a clue then about what was going to unfold in the following weeks.

Sadly judging by stats we seem to be going into a worse version of the virus than back then.

My sister was given the Covid all clear yesterday and shipped out of the Covid ward and off to another hospital.(apparently the ward was filling up quicklly) She is still struggling with pneumonia (side effect of covid) , and hopefully  at the new hospital they can start to manage the original problem which is a rare auto immune/ neuromuscular  disease.

Fingers crossed the new year will see treatment to keep it under control.

So crickety news, since Boxing day  I have been sleeping with the Australia team and then at 8am running downstairs to snuggle up on the sofa with the South Africa team.

One team have been spectacularly disappointing and despite some heroic attempts by the tail last night it was all over and India levelled the series.

I got quite a good nights sleep.

S.A were in top  form yesterday , especially Faf, yes he was out for 199, but there was some  great crickt there.

Poor Sri Lanka have been plagued by a myriad of injuries.


today I am popping to the town, to drop off about 20 bags at the charity shop ( and so the clear out begins).  I need a frame so will be heading to Wilko who do some excellent ones ( not paid to say that).

I also have things to put on eBay. Busy busy.

I hope that you all had a good Christmas, it may not have been what we wanted but it was  only that way for a reason. 

I am now ever hopeful that my sister can turn the corner and start to make a full recovery. 

It looks like it is time to really knuckle down and stay safe until we can all get the vaccine ( yes I want it).

I hope that you have a great Tuesday.






No comments :