Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Things to do



Well I have been busy doing things, not just a bit of work.

As you may know I bought myself a brick for my birthday, probably not everyone's idea of a birthday present, but this is a very special brick as it will form a silhouette of Basil D'Oliveira, at St Augustine Cricket Club Cape Town, Basil is their most famous son.
This is such a wonderful memorial that I had to be part of it.

Through this I have also been in contact with some wonderful and very like minded people.

I'm looking forward to getting out to Cape Town to see this venture.

I also have sponsored a horse race................yes really, even though horse racing is something that I dislike. This is actually a race at a Race Night at Chorley Football club.
Always good to get involved and help out in any way possible. ( please don't tell Rob at Farsley!)

I had another part day at work, its tiring but it has to be done, and I have missed the characters I work with.

I am still badly bruised from various needle punctures, which will continue for  a few weeks yet,  and I am waiting for news on when I can restart physio.

I still have pain in my right arm, but my knee is getting closer to normal now and that in itself is a relief. I still can't really bend or twist on either side of my body, but as its not yet Christmas Party season I have time to get back to full fitness.

When I got home yesterday I set about and used up the last apples and green tomatoes and various other bits and pieces in the house and threw together some chutney.
This will be the last made this year, although I guess that it means that I will come back bigger and better next year.


Well as I have another few hours at work today I guess that I had best get up and see at least one Xmas movie before I head out the door.

I'm nearly half way through my first week back!!!

I'm also absolutely worn out as at 3.30am one of my smoke detectors decided to go off intermittently.
Why couldn't this have been last week when I was off?
Happy Wednesday







No comments :