Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 November 2019

And so to Big Als





Ah it was a short lived break from the ordering of the breakfast and so this morning I am off to Big Al's to make sure that 'my little soldiers' all get their breakfast.
It is thankfully the last day of the week so that is a relief .
I am looking forward to another weekend of not doing very much, ( although as those of you who know me, will know that my doing nothing is not quite the same as anyone else's).

I have also been looking at the requirements food wise over the festive period and I will be having a very festive Chestnut and mushroom wellington  with an abundance of seasonal vegetables.
There will be champagne and martinis of course.
Its not that far away!


I had a flood in the upstairs bathroom on Wednesday evening, which ended up making a massive mess of the hall ceiling and walls, this did not make for a very happy Lainey, to be honest yesterday, I was trying to be compassionate, but was a sobbing wreck in the corner.
However I have to say that through the kindness of a local friend, I took delivery of a dehumidifier last night which will help a lot with the clean up operation.
It was a wonderful gesture.

Despite the above,I have not made an Xmas list as frankly I think that I am a very lucky person and have plenty to be going on with.
So with good friends and  my health ( getting there) what more could I ask for .............. OK Sean Bean obviously, but as that isn't on the cards yet, I'm happy with my lot.

And so to cricket 2nd test.
Rain was a problem and saw play end with NZ 3 wickets down.
Which meant that just after 3am I was listening to 'coach' and the Australia game.
I say listening, I heard him say about 4 words before I was asleep again.

Well time to head off to end the week.


Justice for the 96







No comments :