Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 May 2021

Hello Wednesday



Well its midweek and closer to my 'Garden party/afternoon tea, which may well be taken indoors we are only 4 and will have a lot of ventilation. I do not fancy us being in the garden under a gazebo with torrential rain falling all around us, or worse still hail stones!

Everything is organised, food and drink wise and I just have to clean the house from top to bottom.
I'm really excited to have visitors, especially as these are my oldest friends.
I am sure that if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you will be bored with the pictures.

The teeny Tykes had played on Monday and Tom and Ben saw the day out together. Yesterday morning weather wise was not great and start was delayed, but then................well I went up in the attic at the office on the pretence of doing work so that I could just watch the scorecard ( yes I am that sad).
 Ben and Tom got away well, and then Tom just motored on, sadly falling just short of his century, but a fabulous knock none the less. Matty and Ben scored 20and 37 respectively.
They then bowled Notts out for 115 and over night saw Matty on 5 and back at the crease today.
I may be in the attic a lot this morning!

I am proud of all the lads, but I am always  delighted to see 'my' three lads doing well. I'm sad that I couldn't be there to cheer them on but hopefully soon.

Wonderful word of the day

Nipcheese

This was slang for a ships purser in the 18th century, by the 19th century it ha become  word used to mean a skinflint ( which in itself is a wonderful word)

Right I am off to Ladylaineyworkville and there is currently a ray of sunshine and no rain.

Happy Wednesday









No comments :