Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 May 2021

Here we go

 



Oh the disappointment at 5.20am this morning when I realised that it was Thursday and not Friday, and then the relief as I still have a million things to do before my friends  come on Saturday, so small win there.

Over in York my teeny Tykes have to get 8 wickets  as Notts have a target of 359. I will be trying to keep an eye on this game as I can this morning.

I know I give a very biased  report on these matches, but I really do think that Ben, Tom and Matty have played brilliantly. I chose to sponsor them to give a them a tiny bit of support as they forge out their career.

Not all clubs do a players sponsorship, I think that it is a good idea and brings in funds for the club. It also gives the lads some extra support. 


OK this is a short one this morning, not a lot to report, apart form I have set the table ready for tea on Saturday, that's how excited I am to see people.


Wonderful word of the day is 


Lennow

Obscure as its origin may have been the meaning of lennow was unmistakable to those to whom it may have been addressed from the 16th century onwards.

Lennow meant flabby or limp, a description one is hardly likely to forget.


So as I haul this lennow body out the door, I wish you a Happy aThursday.

No comments :