Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 4 May 2021

Here we go again

 


Well another Bank Holiday over until the end of the month and now for a 4 day week.

The weekend was as expected, some sunshine and lots of rain.

It was as I had expected, a lot of working on the odds and ends that need doing.

Good news, THE CHAIR, has finally  got a seat on it, I managed to get that reupholstered over the weekend and  now just have the back to do ( probably what I thought would be the hardest part before I started painting the thing).

I spent two afternoons in the built in wardrobe in The Sanderson Suite, . once again, one coat paint fails to do what it says on the tin and another coat could be going on tonight. 

There was a lot of sorting out for the charity shop, I am following the 'one in , one out' rule not and after  buying 5 things at the weekend, I had to find 5 to go.

And then there was cricket.

Yorkshire were up again Northants and let me just say this, at a game like that  I just wished Cally had been here to do the commentary.

Nail biting stuff has nothing on it. A win by one run for Yorkshire, 20 points  in the 'bank'' A good bit of bank holiday sport.

My boys started their game down in Billericay scene of many jaunts by moi after the Great aunt and uncle retired there from Richmond ( Surrey not Yorkshire).

Not a great innings for 2 of them although there was some great batting form Wharton and Waite.


Well time to head into the office and put in a days holiday for June when I will be playing host to Micky the Border Terrier for one long weekend and then two wwkes later having him overnight.

Ahhh I can't wait.


Have a great day.

Wonderful word will be back tomorrow.



No comments :