Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 May 2021

Hurrah for Friday


 Well it is Friday and I am on the count down to cocktail hour, but I've a half day to put in first and also a lot of cooking to do for my sister before this can happen.

Thursday was OK, I spoke to a couple of recruitment agencies, and to be honest with one consultant I actually said I was sorry but I was going to terminate the conversation. I know it makes me sound hoighty toighty, but after answering about 10 questions for him and him answering 'FABULOUS love' to each one, when he asked me one in particular and responded to my answer 'O. M. G. ( not, oh my god, but O. M. G.) amazeballs' ( is this still used???), I knew it was time to put the phone down.  Seriously is this the way that office and phone etiquette has gone? 


Cricket? well I am buzzing as the 2ns secured a trilling win late yesterday against Essex, this is  3 out of 3 for them and I personally am over the flipping moon.

Ben messaged when he got home last night, and I wish my 3 'boys' a relaxing weekend. Monday sees  the 2nds in a Roses clash at Scarborough.

The 'bog' boys were at home to Kent, score at stumps Kent 224-7 (TLJL 47).


and now for the weather, well as we are now in May lets have more hail storms. We have had them everyday this week and everyday the stones are getting bigger, by Sunday there will be footballs falling from the sky. Not sure what happened to global warming but it has certainly bypassed us!


Wonderful word of the day

Cockshut.

The use of electric lighting for over a century has detached our awareness of the seasonal variations determined by the rising and setting of the sun. Consequently words like cockshut have disappeared from everyday speak. Before artificial light cockshut was a synonym for twilight, that period of evening when the poultry would settle down and are shut up for the night.


well now you know.


Have a great weekend


stay safe, wear a mask and still keep your distance.








No comments :