Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 September 2021

4 day week

 


Here we go, 4 day week ( may be 3.5  word of warning to my holiday cottage owner), and I am ready to clear my trays ( and probably that of the H & S Manager,  and Project Engineer who is on long term sick...).

Its been a busy weekend too.

Took my sister out on Saturday and had packed up the camping chairs and a picnic, as well as throwing in a  couple of fleece blankets just in case.

We had a walk to some shops, ( walking is still a problem as she is still very weak) I found a beautiful silver necklace in the charity shop. top find. Also added to my silver tray collection.

We sat and had a long and leisurely lunch just watching the world go by.

After dropping her off at home, I got to my house and was in my dressing gown and flopped on the sofa in record time. All that fresh air!

I also received a fabulous package of beautiful gifts. It really did bring a tear to my eyes. Kindness should never be undervalued.

And so to Sunday when kindness and thoughtfulness were lacking, I am not going into details, I will just say that I have closed the door.

I managed to get the lawn cut, raked and fed and also do quite a few jobs around the house. a very productive day all round.

Cricket, well..... it was a productive day for Yorkshire as they bowled out Somerset for 134, and the big smile of Matty Fisher was on show, with figures of 5-41 I'd be smiling too.

The Scarborough pitch works its magic again.

And at Kent, TLJL and Evergreen Darren Stevens will go back out this morning, I'll be keeping an eye on that too.

England have to chase down 291 to win.


And so I head off to the office, demob happy, no doubt by 8.01am that feeling will have disappeared,


Have a great day and I hope the sun shines.





No comments :