Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 September 2021

what I've been up to


 Well its Tuesday already and I am nearing the end of my holidays which have been amazing to say the least.

I am in the land of 10 hour sleep!

The land of ducks on our lawn and chickens giving you fresh eggs for breakfast, geese honking in the next door field and pitch black nights. I spend evenings sitting outside just waiting to see the stars.

It has truly been a battery charger of a holiday.

The village I am staying in doesn't have a Post Office ( anymore) or a shop, but it does have a Wine bar/ merchants that does food. And I had to go and try it! Obviously.

I can highly recommend.

It also has an award winning butchers, again, highly recommended.

If a food critic drives 500 miles for a pork pie, it has to be good, although I don't like pork pies, the quiches was exceptional and the cooked ham also.

Might pop in on my way out of the village!


I have also been ( and am going) to cricket.

So whilst there was a game on at Headingley, there was also a game at Scarbados.

Openers Will Fraine and Tom K -C set the bench mark with centuries a piece , there was some great batting.

There was also some great chatting as I caught up with Ben, always a pleasure, he is a wonderful young man.

I also met Mr and Mrs Revis, parents of Matty.

The most popular Umpire with the seconds  was there too, so wonderful to catch up with him too.

This is the last seconds game of the season and I couldn't miss the chance to see my three players in action.

The weather was warm and then freezing, perfect September seaside weather.

And I had fish and chips for lunch, well I am on my holidays.


I'm about to make up my flask and sandwiches and head out.

So have a great Tuesday.



No comments :