Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 September 2021

A good break


Well it has been an extended weekend, I finished Friday and headed off to my camp site, the new tent was up in 10 minutes, although the new windbreak proved to be such a pain that after half an hour it went back into the boot of the car. (please note it was not one of the stripy ones you see at he beach but a new fangle thing ).

Cocktail hour was observed al fresco and with the radio playing the Kent T20 QF, what  a perfect evening and start of my break.

In fact the weekend was a wonderful calm and relaxing time, with visits into Northallerton and over to the sea  for breakfast and early morning paddling.

Time to forget the problems and worries and just try to make a plan to move forward. It becomes so much easier when you stop worrying about everyone and everything. 

As I have said a lot, its amazing how you find out who are friends are, when you are at your lowest, you know who will hold out a hand to you.

Once home it was a full on effort to get everything put away and  get sorted for the week ahead.

So cricket wise, it is going to be an all southern T20 finals day. I know who I will be cheering for.

Heart was broken yesterday as Dale Steyn announced that he was retiring. 

Good to see the Yorkshire boys putting up a good fight down at my favourite ground  huge thanks to James Bond for sending me 'Yupdates'.

 And just like that it was all over.

So do I feel better? well the headaches and tiredness has gone ( give it to the end of the week), the other things  have subsided and I feel a little bit more like me. 

Roll on my hols in Scarborough where I have now been given a country cottage to stay in and for that I will be eternally grateful.

6 days of rest and hopefully some cricket, that's all coming up in the next couple of week.

For now I will focus on getting through the rest of this week.





No comments :