Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 April 2021

Thoughts for Friday


 Hurrah, its Friday and I am ready for the day ( or half day as it is).

However a couple of things this week have been giving me something to think about.

Firstly, I had been looking at my plants and wondering why they don't look as good as before I moved and as I have  stated, my poor hydrangeas have been so badly hit by the frosts from the last few weeks, that I really think they are beyond help. Luckily the Boule de Neige  cuttings from The Chateau were quite protected, even though I was watering these and the mint and rosemary and mini conifer, they still looked a bit 'meh'.

And then it rained! And suddenly they all look so good.

Now working in water, I know exactly what goes into the treatment of water to make it drinkable. So it got me thinking, I am watering my plants with drinking water, whereas at  The Chateau they were watered from the water butt, is this(apart form the frost) part of the problem????? 

The other thing that has me thinking, is  an app on my phone. It was already on when I got my new phone and is a fitness app, it counts your steps, you can input weight etc, food eaten and it gives you lots and lots of info ( like stop eating you heifer!)

So this morning I switched my phone on before I went to have a shower and make coffee, step count was on 0. Left it on the bed and off I went.

By the time I came back into the bedroom, the phone had 7 steps on it? Is the phone having a little  walk around the bedroom when I'm in the shower???



Hmmm, technology!!!!


Ah well lets have a wonderful word for Friday 


Acnestis

The part of the backbone between the shoulder blades that is difficult to scratch



Have a cracking Bank Holiday weekend, weather true to form is forecast here in the icy wastes to be pants! I'll be back  on Tuesday 







No comments :