Powered By Blogger

Friday 26 July 2019

Fry up day



Well here we are and its Fry Up day, I will be dropping  in on Big Al,the Hungry persons pal, on the way to the office to leave the order.
None for me as I try to deflate my spare tyre, so fruit and  greek yogurt with nuts are my treat!

Boo!!!

This afternoon besty old school chums Lorraine ( who helped me to move) and Debbie ( who didn't help me move as she was sunning it up at her holiday home!) are popping round to have a couple hours nattering and sitting in the not so extensive grounds of The Wickets.

Then I am back to knitting like a loony  for the Scarborough Festival. I may also partake in a snifter of wine. One thing for sure is that I will be in bed before it is dark, I cannot seem to keep my eyes open after 9pm!

So what happened at the test yesterday?

Well Jack Leach had Ireland quite frustrated as he was edging towards a Nightwatchmans century.
It wasn't to be, but a valiant effort.
Jonny Bairstow was out for a duck, making a pair for him!
England have one wicket remaining and lead by 181 runs.

Should be a good day.


And then there was the Roses clash.
Well firstly let me say we lost.................but not without some heroics from Jordan Thompson with the bat and Jack Shutt with the ball.
Fantastic knock again by Pooran.

Here come the influx of youth.

Very sad news that Josh Poysdens season is over after he suffered a fractured skull the other day.
Keep well Josh and we will see you back on the field in 2020.

Today is also the birthday of one of my oldest ( and I don't mean in age) friends Harry Latchman, he patiently coached me, got me to do washing for the U15 cricket team and introduced me to the sinus clearing properties of over proof rum.

Happy Birthday H.

Oh and Woodsa got top marks from Mrs Woodsa, for 'quick thinking'.
She loved the card too!!

'Quick thinking my elbow!!!!!


No comments :