Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 July 2019

strange goings on






So yesterday turned out to be  a strange day in many ways.


Firstly , I had to go and get a wedding anniversary card!!!!   it was for one of my boys who is on site in Suffolk,he  had forgotten that today is his wedding anniversary and was panicking.

'Woodsa' was so upset that he had forgotten to get one/post it, I limped over to Card Factory, got a card with the sentiment requested, wrote it and then agreed to post it through the door  on the way home last night.
This was not in my job description...................but then nor was sharing an office with a couple of numpties, but every days a new experience!

I think I like Mrs 'Woodsa', she certainly has her man well trained!!!


And then there was a little matter of the 'Test' against Ireland.
Well obviously being champions of the world ( or at least some of the team are), they weren't too bothered about taking on a little country like Ireland.

Step up Tim Murtagh,  step up and take a bow !!!

England all out for 85

Not content with being in the action with the bowling, Tim also decided to have a bit of fun with the bat and with a quick fire 16 he rounded his day of nicely.

Of course Michael Vaughan had to be brutal, saying that England were an embarrassment.
Well Mikey, they were not an embarrassment they were just outplayed, an embarrassment is when your team turn up drunk for an official meeting with the Prime Minister and one of them pees in the garden!!!!!


I watched Sussex beat Hampshire last night and really hope that Reece Topley is back to full fitness. After taking early retirement he is back and with a brilliant display of bowling against his former side, I wish him well.

Tonight is the Roses match , and even though I can't be there in body I will be there in spirit. and will be watching on TV ( whilst knitting fast and furiously).

And with that I am out the door for another day in the wonderful land of waste water.









No comments :