Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 July 2019

wet Monday





Well here we are at Monday again, a new week, a clean slate and the blog celebrating over 2500 posts!

Seriously, 2500 blog, never thought it would be that many and to be honest not really sure how many more, probably not another 2500.

The weekend started well on Friday, with the 'girlies' popping round for a visit and a nosey around The Wickets. We had a massive thunderstorm whilst they were here which saved me going out to water the plants.
Friday night was about knitting and relaxing, the heat of the week had taken its toll, especially as the office doesn't have air con!

Saturday morning I headed off to Tesco to do the shopping, and have a bimble around town, I  got home to find eldest sister in the car waiting for me to get back.
Made her a cup of tea and had a chat..........and more chat. Made her some lunch and she chattered on and on and on.
Made her some dinner and she chattered on and on.
Now I had plans for Saturday evening and so in the end I had to give her a nudge to go home.
I got nothing done at all!!!!

Yesterday was another day alternating between rainy and hot, I had been invited to attend the Nothants v Yorks game by RBR Active ( full hospitality too) but had to decline as I couldnt get there and back in a day without some very early starts and late finishes. It was extremely kind and I was gutted not to be able to go, however weather took its toll on that game too.

And its all going on in cricket in the build up to the Ashes.
Cameron Bancroft has been called up by Australia for the team, Perter Hanscomb who was a temporary Tyke last season, is now going to Durham.
Jofra Archer has been called up for the Ashes.

And the Ashes is dominating the next few weeks.

I however am settling down to a quiet week, before the  my cricket tours begin again.
Its going to be a busy couple of months.
There is also lots of knitting going on, its even taking up my lunch break.

Well time to head to the saltmines now and start off the week.

I think this might be the week of fireworks in the office, not from me, but things are bulding up to exploding point in some camps.
I'll just pull up my chair and watch.

Happy Monday



No comments :