Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 July 2019

here we are again






Well here we are again at Monday and another week in the saltmines.

The weekend at The Wickets has been busy in a calm and relaxed sort of way, there was lots of knitting going on and also some more unpacking and clearing, it is now possible to enter the dining room AND sit at the table to eat!,

The smallest shed in the garden now has its shelving installed and that makes for more storage space.
 
Saturday saw a visit to eldest sister Kiki and some decluttering at her house.

Yesterday saw the wicket for my little boys, finished and it looks marvellous. Many thanks to Carol and Philip for this. 
It has also brought about a  great feature to the garden, it is all 'stepped'. From the deck down to the lawn, down to the wicket , to the small gravelled area. not intentional but looks amazing.
  
It is surprising how big, my 'small' garden is, a bit like the house which is considerably bigger than I thought when I saw it empty.

Not only did Philip and Carol come over, but so did The Nannan!, and she brought me some jars for my chutney! now that is great thinking.
It was a fabulous day, lots of laughs  as always.

And crickety news.

Well Sophie and I made the right decision to not go on Friday, for the T20 game.
Rain just kept on falling and believe me when I say that we have sat in the Lodge watching the rain fall before.

Yorkshire headed on to Chesterfield  on Saturday and things just can't go right for Matty Fisher who dislocated his shoulder, a scan today is on the cards.

We march on though.

Well this is a short one due to the laptop taking forever to open up, minor technical glitch but it has knocked me way behind.

Have a great Monday where ever you are. 

No comments :