Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 31 July 2019

Ashes Eve



Well its Ashes eve and no doubt in some house holds there will be tremors of excitement, however its not really like that here at The Wickets. I love cricket, but I am truly a County Championship kind of girl ( although I will go and watch international cricket now and again  ).

I'm more excited about going to Scarbados for the County Championship match against Nottinghamshire, but each to their own.

The County championship is to me the most important cricket that we play here in the UK, even though we have 8 days less play than we did a few seasons ago, it is still my favourite format.

As we await The 100, with even its name a totally flagrant snub of the laws of cricket  ( 6 does not go into 100), I really wonder if I have become a cricket dinosaur? ( even if  a jolly fabulous one I hasten to add).

Am I really not seeing or thinking about the future of cricket?

Am I really living in the past?

Can I not see that cricket is dying and we need to bring in more new watchers?


Well........................................( deep breath)

Yes I see the future of cricket as an absolute caricature of the real game, and the new watchers thinking that this is how it is played.

I see The County Championship side lined into extinction for monitory gain.

I am sick of hearing about falling attendance.

Here is my solution to this.

Play County Championship matches over the weekend, when working members and supporters can actually get to watch.

Its that simple, numbers would go up and money would come in.

I know that some members and supporters probably play cricket for local clubs  at the weekend, but surely this should not be used to penalise non club players.

I actually am waiting with baited breath to see how The 100 pans out.
Judging by the new logo to promote it no expense has been made on design and it was obviously knocked up on the back of a fag packet in The Lords Tavern, or so it looks. When in reality some advertising agency are probably laughing all the way to the bank as the CEOs 6 year old knocked the 'design' up before bed.


Whilst I am on a rant, poor show from Yorkshire CCC as there is still haven't organised a Twitter  Q & A with the Committee as they suggested  to me at  the AGM.

I realise it was to placate me...................but seriously did you think that the ginger amazon would let that go??????

I will be writing to the CEO regarding this.

Proper ranty this Morning!











No comments :