Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Welcome to Wednesday




Here we are at Wednesday and its turning into a bit of a freak week.

After aggravating an old foot injury I am now being made to wear a 'boot'  for the majority of the day, I can drive ( in a pair of supportive trainers) and go about my normal life, but I will be wearing the boot most of the time for some support and to avoid any further damage.......................well come on you wouldn't expect anything less from me, always a drama  queen.

Any thoughts of wearing a dress at the moment are out of the window.
Doc says a couple of weeks to be on the safe side.
Its not broken just minor soft tissue damage.
Luckily the potassium levels are heading in the right direction and stabilising!


Life at The Wickets, continues at its relaxed pace, I am settling in very well, all clothes unpacked ( except the cricket sweaters) and  the shoes are nearly there ( not that I will be  wearing any pairs at the moment).
Evenings at The Wickets involve eating dinner on the deck and waiting for the floodlights to come on, its a wonderful way to wind down after work, and who could ask for anything more.


Now lets get onto cricket news

OH MY DOG!!!!


My fabulous Yorkshire boys only went and knocked the stuffing out of Somerset by an innings and 73 runs.
Their one and only innings showed some outstanding batting from GB ( well he is on fire at the moment and long may it last) , Tom K-C who deserves to come to the fore, and with 102 to his name, he played a blinder. Harry Brook with his 101 was a star too and proof that the youth are coming through!

The bowling was outstanding and as a team they showed great determination.

We can do this, we are Yorkshire!

And then to my Teeny tykes!
My Ben only went and scored a half century.
The whole of #weareteamben are ecstatic

And TLJL hit over 70 on day one against the weeny Warks boys.
I'm so proud.
If I could run, I'd  be running round with my Yorkshire shirt over my head!


You may have wondered why ( apart from lack of internet)  I have not said more about the World Cup win.

Well I guess because it is everywhere and I am suffering from winners fatigue now, I don't mean this in a demeaning way, as the boys deserve all the praise and coverage, but for me the rest of the season is of vital importance, and I have to look toward to that.

I've let James Bond know about my future manoeuvres so hopefully we will be meeting up for a chat ( I was going to write 'debrief' but thought that sounded a tad risque!!!!!)

And with that I am heading out of the door and to the post office.

have a great day.







No comments :