Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Day one of lockdown done



Day one of lockdown was done and dusted,although in truth I am not locked down. I was  in batting from 8-5pm and not a moment longer.
This will be the order of my innings from now on. No working over the allotted hours, go in and do your thing then go home.

And the same goes for the other 3 in the office, { and those in the workshop who have dosing kiosks to get out the door to keep 4 sites working} 

We all have cards in case we are stopped by the police about our movements, which stipulate what we do and why we have to go to work. Something that last week would never have crossed my mind.

I am sleeping less and less with a lot on my mind, especially those lads I have still on site and who can't  come back home yet.
Luckily { or not} they have all been living together for 3 months in a lovely house in Northumberland that we rented , they have a cinema room and a games room, and a hot tub. huge garden and terrace, they are probably a lot better off than some people, but they are not with their loved ones.

What I do know is that when this is all over and  we are getting back on our feet, I am moving on.

You can all breathe  again as I have toilet rolls { after donating some of mine to next door}.
Mr Funky the Chauffeur very kindly chucked 4 over my fence for me.
Hurrah!
Thank you Fin,I will buy you a pint when we are allowed to go to the Cricket Club again.

After seeing the effects of the stupid sheeple  who stripped shelves bare in supermarkets it was amazing to see how many people went to the shops yesterday for their 'essential' shopping There were still queues!
I saw this as I passed Morrisons to go to the office and when I left  to go home,the car park was still relatively full.

Anyhow, time to head out again.

Please all stay safe, if you don't have to go out, please don't.

Just an after thought, all my hydrangeas are in bud, something that always makes me smile.








No comments :