Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 March 2020

Strange times




we are living in strange times at the moment. No toilet roll in the shops and people fighting over a bag of carrots.

I dragged myself into Sainsburys after a long and taxing day in the office, no milk to be had, and I bought some sugar snap peas  and a tin of chickpeas and stood in the queue. I glanced in the trolley of the lady in front and  mentally started to play Ready Steady Cook with her items.

Im not sure what I could make out of 4 bags of ice ( WTF...…...make your own), 4 packs of Oreo Ice cream biscuits, 4 swedes, tins of 'All day breakfast' ( WTFH is that when its at home???), tins of evaporated milk, one tin of prunes and some sweetcorn (tinned).

Not a chuffing clue what I could make but certainly didn't fancy it at all!!!

As I glanced around, I realised that people were just putting anything into trolleys that were left on the shelves.

Its a sad and sorry state of affairs that  we have come to this sort of behaviour.

 I don't know about 'Blitz spirit', but I do know what it is to be a normal human being!

My next door neighbour ( couple with baby and young child) told me last night that they couldn't get any toilet paper and were using the stock of baby wipes ( not flushing them I hasten to add).
I gave them 4 of mine, to hopefully get them through for a few days.

He tried to pay me, but to be honest, I only paid £1 for them, so no payment needed. And for the record I haven't stockpiled, I had 8 in the house from a few weeks ago.

It looks like all cricket teams are home from pre season tours and we are still waiting for  news about the season.
Yorkshire have said that the AGM will go ahead, I'm not sure that this is a good idea, however I guess it may be the last outing for the Chairman before lock down ( I say this assuming he is over 70). Also apparently his last year as Chairman.
So next season some fresh blood on the committee.

All in all, we are in unchartered waters as most of us did not live through the war ( despite what the former Chairman implies about my age!)


I have lots on my mind at the moment, digesting news and trying to keep my chin(s) up, so will keep this short as I am  off to deal with the world of water.

I am part of teams who are working to  keep water clean and fresh and coming through your taps daily,  I am doing my very best  to do my job and all that it entails.


Stay safe and have a good one where ever you are.







No comments :