Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 March 2020

lockdown weekend at The Wickets


Good morning from The Wickets, its Saturday and I am on lockdown now until Monday, only out for my once a day exercise.

I did my essential shop on my way home from work yesterday so I am now set for the week. I have planned menus to use what I have in the freezer too.

Flipping heck!

However true to form the weather forecast is not too great for the next couple of days, I'll be happy if I get the washing outside to dry.

I am also going to make a some chutney  as I have some fruit that needs using up and what better way to do that.

I am starting my on line Tai Chi as soon as I have posted this blog, time to get body and soul into order. Its a good opportunity to slow down , which for me is hard to do, but, I need to.

Next week will be 9 months since I moved into The Wickets and nearly 9 months since I hurt my foot which started all the  problems of last year.
Firstly I can't believe it is 9 months since I moved into my lovely little  house and secondly the foot, knee, hip thing!!!!
However on that front this week has been the first week since the initial injury that I haven't had any achilles pain on getting up in the morning.

The thing that I am noticing as I am lying here in bed typing this, is that lack of cars moving around highlights the sound of birds. There is a huge flock of geese that fly over regularly, and now I get to here the Oyster Catchers  { squeaky birds as known in some circles}, the Magpies are plentiful around here and I always love to hear the blackbirds.
very relaxing.

Well time to get myself up and out of bed and move to the garden for a cup of coffee before Tai Chi and before  the heavens open, sky is not looking too promising.

Have a happy Saturday, take care of yourselves.








No comments :