Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 November 2020

Last working day


 Well its the last day of the working week and its my last day in the office  until 23rd.

At the time that many of you are reading this I should have been either on the plane, arriving at Charles De Gaulle airport or speeding to my hotel in Dizy. 

Sadly not to happen this year, so I will be at my desk for half day Friday.

We have eaten a lot of cream cakes over the last couple of weeks due to birthdays in the office  so today I am loading the car with the slow cooker which has been doing its stuff over night and is full of Chilli con carne. We are having a special lunch with lots of lovely trimmings to the chilli.

Yesterday was an OK day, the problems I've had with water ingress has finally been sorted, I had the gutters cleaned and that didn't solve it, the builder who was supposed to be looking didn't come, so lovely Rhys  gave me a builder contact.

On Saturday I will be having a new downpipe installed ( the one for my house is at the end of next door) this way there is 2 ways for the water to go, Gary the builder will then be coming back to sort out pointing, all looked at and quoted in a matter of hours. Huge sigh of relief.

And it will mean that I can get some painting done next week. I haven't found wallpaper but have decided to paint a wall and the chimney breast to break up the cream walls for the time being.

I've got my eye on some new sofas but think that will wait until the new year and the  great door hanging challenge has ended.

Fingers crossed today will see the new shelving going into the airing cupboard, that will be exciting ( well as exciting as it gets in my house during lock down)


Now for wonderful word of the day 

Pigsney

Surprisingly this 17th and 18th century word, which literally means 'pig's eye' was a term of endearment on a par with 'sweetheart' 'pet' and even 'darling'

Not sure how that would go down today!

Lastly before I sign off for the weekend, I really want to try to get some proper sleep and rest so may not blog everyday next week. To be honest anything that I write  won't be half as interesting as anything from the postponed  8 day champagne tour.

There will only be so much lockdown at The Wickets you can take.


Have a great weekend


And Joyeux anniversaire to me


 



No comments :