Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 November 2020

Miserable weather

 



Well I only did the 'little' block this morning as the weather is pretty rubbish, however on the upside of this is that it is remarkably mild. Which is a bonus as I don't have to wrap up like Scott of the Antarctic.

Last night was very busy as Lovely Rhys and I were texting back and forth trying to come up with a plan for the downstairs shower room door and the kitchen door, one is sliding and the other a standard door, which causes huge problems due to the position of the larder fridge. Short of having the kitchen refitted ( not an option),  it was new sliding doors on both, however the mechanism for the kitchen was a bit of a trouble spot. so I tentatively asked about bi-fold doors. 

Looks like this is what is happening!!!!!!

I also want to reconfigure the airing cupboard and had measured it. drawn up various options on CAD. Rhys now has the drawings and will be making new shelving, whilst I said I would strip out the other shelving and paint the cupboard. This is actually quite  a large walk in cupboard so hopefully it will look and function better than at present.


I am thinking with all this work going on I should change the name of the blog to 'Tales from the workshed!

I can't find any interesting cricket news, we are moving from the IPL to BBL, and that's about it for the next few weeks.

I have a shopping list as long as my arm to get; to see me through my week off next week, I am sure that it will be understood that 6 bottles of champagne is essential shopping.................well it is in my house.

Menu planning is still ongoing.......the list gets longer.


Now for the wonderful word of the day

The word is 'Snattock'

this was used in the 17th century and meant a  scrap or a fragment.


well there you go, another day with a snattock of info from The Wickets.


Stay safe





.




No comments :