Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 November 2020

Another week begins

 



So here we are on the last day of November and about to enter the last few weeks of 2020.

Its been some year!

I have decided that I am going to go all out this Christmas, ( putting the tree up is all out in this house).

I'm also planning on celebrating French style this year ( and might even write  blog on that).

Life is short and its time to take the bull by the horns and lockdown/Tier 3 or not, its time to try to get back to having fun.

This weekend I have been busy painting in the sitting room, yes good old one coat paint that always needs two coats!, there is still some things to finish off before the room is put back to normal. 

I also painted the airing cupboard ready for the shelving which I am still waiting for., the difference that a coat of paint makes is amazing, I will be laying some carpet in there tonight.

I've also been busy making candles, I got a couple of kits in lockdown 1 so I decided to make them ready for Christmas.

There is a lot that I want to do in the next few weeks,  so best pull myself up by my bootstraps and get on with it.

I saw last week out by finally deciding on and getting the new blinds fitted, not really what I wanted but I also didn't want to remortgage 'The Wickets' to have plantation shutters on the rather large windows, I opted for something cheaper.

Having had one quote for the bathroom and nearly fainting at the cost, any savings at the moment are good ones.

Last week there was a lot of discussion about the abolishing of cricket teas.

This made me very sad as I worked very hard for 4 seasons doing teas at 2 ( sometimes 3) cricket clubs. I had noticed how clubs were veering towards burger and chips for tea but  I stuck to my guns and produced a proper tea.

I will be sad to see this finish. I might start a campaign against stopping the teas.

Well when I have finished the decorating, baking, brewing and chutney making.................


Cricket over the weekend saw, England win the T20 series against South Africa with a game in hand. 

It helped to ease the monotony  of painting 

Good to see Maxi getting a century for Australia too end of last week.

Well time to head off to the office, I am contemplating taking a day off this week to help me push on with the work, and use up some hols.


Have a great day.

Thought for the day


Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.




No comments :