Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 November 2020

Countdown begins


 Here we are in November and we are preparing to go back into full lockdown again on Thursday. Judging by Tesco yesterday morning, people were stocking up for Xmas too, I watched in disbelief as a woman tried (unsuccessfully) to manoeuvre two trolleys. 

Having bought my milk I headed to the cafe for breakfast and  to watch the goings on, on the shop floor.

My birthday couple of nights away has now been cancelled by the Hotel as they close on Wednesday evening. So now to try to plan a birthday food menu. I've got the champagne.

It will be a week off work, but not even able to go out and about and most shops will be shut, dear me!

I put out a plea on FB last night to ask if any friends had a fire pit that I could 'loan' for a week, I thought if the weather wasn't too bad I would spend time in the garden. Not had any response so I will this week try to hunt one down.

I was up and out again this morning in the dark, I just had a quick march up to the station and back, its cold,  very wet under foot after a day of very strong wind and an evening of lashing rain. 

Winter is coming,!!!!!

Now time to head to work and see if they are keeping my remaining staff on furlough when they should have been coming back this week.

Well off I go, have a great Monday and stay safe.






No comments :