Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 November 2020

Thank goodness its Friday


 I was bitterly disappointed yesterday morning as I set out for work, I was so sure that there would be no one on the roads and I would have the lovely relaxed drive to work as I did back in March and April. No not at all, there were probably more cars on the roads than there had been all week, and the queue at the McDonalds drive thru was well and truly encroaching on the road of Ladylaineyworkville.


I wonder how this is going to pan out?

I find it hard to comprehend people who blatantly flout what they have been asked to do, surely they don't want to catch a horrible virus or worse? 

I appreciate that some people are struggling and going through hard times, however last night I think every pay check went up into the sky as Ladylaineyville was lit up constantly from when I got home until well after 11pm. 

I don't know about dogs but I absolutely hated every long minute of it.

The bonfire that was set off very close to some house and had flames leaping higher than houses is still smouldering this morning!


Ah well best to head off and finish the week, then essential shop and home for the weekend.


before I go you will all know my love of books and words in general, I picked up a book on my last foray to the charity shop, which is about words so I thought I would give you a new word or phrase every day for the lockdown month.

todays is 


Merry-go-down

During the 16th century 'merry-go-down ' was slang for strong ale...................something I think we might all be partaking in this evening.


have a good Friday 





No comments :