Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 August 2019

Its a cricket Thursday



Gosh! its Thursday already and I can hardly believe that I have nearly been in The Wickets 4 weeks!!!!

How the chuffing heck did that happen???!!!

I am still looking for a couple of teddy jumpys that I had knit before leaving the chateau, they could be any of the boxes that I still have to unpack, I also have lost my diary, which I suspect is in the book box, and that is in Narnia, where I am loathe to venture to at the moment due to jamming loads of things in there to clear the hallway, I think I know what my job is this weekend. ( and I need flasks and the electric cool box for next week and Scarbados).

Today is also the start of the Ashes, I set up a little wager  in the office and as none of them like cricket the fact that someone got South Africa to win, made me smile!!!
the fact that I got Australia made me frown.
'C Bomb' Bill got England

I sort of think that the Aussies will have regrouped after the World Cup and will come out fighting ( not literally), as for England, I am hoping that they hang up their 'attitude'and come out and play as they have never played before.

We will see when it begins in just a few hours.


Over in Northants my teeny Tykes have been affected by the weather, hopefully they will get some play and my Tom is batting.

In other news, the man with no lips, is now the man with a limp as he is sidelined for the remainder of the season with a knee injury, I think that the big 'R' is calling Ian!.

Steve Finn the greatest ECB tourist of all time has re signed with Middlesex until 2021, I'm guessing that there is an  injury up and coming........

And with that I am off to the saltmines.

Another day, another chance to watch the upper tier unravel.

Finally, who would have believed that we are in August already, I need to make up for lost cricket, I've hardly seen any this season.

Have a great Thursday, not  long now until the weekend.











No comments :