Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 August 2021

What a weekend.

 


Well it was a weekend of all kinds, Friday after work I went to see Micky and it was sorted that he came to stay on Saturday after an unexpected roof leak at his house.

I went home, set the table for Saturday, had a champagne cocktail and was in bed relatively early ( quite common these days ).

Micky bounced in at 8am, and we had breakfast then went out for a lovely walk.

Back home it was time to get sorted for my afternoon charity tea.

The weather as forecast was intermittently wet, in fact intermittently torrential would be a better description.

Everyone made their allotted time slots and tea went off with out a hitch, lots of laughter and really lovely to welcome my sister and Auntie.

By 6.45pm, I had nearly all the china washed up and I settled down with a glass if wine and some cake.

Sunday dawned warm and sunny so Micky and I were out early for a walk and then headed over to my sisters so that she could see him before he went home and so that we could drop off some left over tea.

I came home and counted up the money from the collection box and with a sudden hit of on line donations the total was around £350!!!!!


I am absolutely delighted and speechless that people have given so much.

And now it is back to the saltmines, and another week doing stuff.

I hope that you all had a great weekend,  happy Monday.




No comments :