Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 August 2021

August is here


 

Summer is well and truly here. I've had little time for relaxing this weekend as I have been getting things together for the Garden party  next Saturday. Due to the size of the garden I am hoping that the 4 hours I have stated will help stagger any guests. 
The new garden table and chairs have arrive and will be on the deck for Saturday and then will be in the corner where the 'vintage' chairs are at the moment.
I think I am nearly ready, just all the sandwich making and cakes to do, it will be like cricket teas all over again.

Friday saw me take a detour on the way home and  have a look in a charity shop in the middle of no where, well I managed to clear the 50p and £1 shelves, and came home with a fabulous haul of vintage china.
There is some method in this apparent madness, but nothing I can report at the moment.
Saturday saw me pick up some vintage napkins as well as a lovely trip out, and a little treat too.

Sunday I was out with  my poorly sister who is getting stronger. We went and had a coffee and a spot fo shopping before I dropped her off at home.
And then 'poooofff' the weekend was over.


Crickety news
two of my boys were in the squad for Sundays RL game at Somerset, sadly only one was named in the team. Although they lost it was great  for Matty as highest run scorer with 58 and taking a wicket too.

The BBC cricket page is now on my 'no go' list a it is emblazoned with images from the other game, obviously this is the only thing happening at the moment.

Shane Warne has contracted Covid which  seems to be rife in  the other game at the moment.

Old dolly hair Vaughan talking about Ben Stokes step back from cricket ' a wake up call for all of us'
but mainly for him as his cash flow may be affected.

I do hope Ben gets the chance to rest and recover at his own pace and will come back  when he is in a better place.

Well time to head off, sadly not to a better place but to the saltmines.

I must have been really bad in a past life




No comments :