Powered By Blogger

Monday 5 October 2020

And that is the season over



however not without making an already strange season even stranger.
Lets start with Saturday 

Getting out of the shower to a message from Chris Nash was the start of it, { yes Chris Nash , buns of steel boy!}, more of that to come in coming weeks.

I ran around like a mad thing after that, getting everything done as much as possible before 10.30am. Lunch was in the fridge and dinner ( a french meal to accompany a lovely French red)  was supposed to be prepared, but due to the rain and  not being bothered to go out it was postponed to Sunday. 
Which is exactly what happened to the T20 finalsday.

There was so much precipitation up and down the country that I think plans for Arks were  probably the most googled thing!

In other Saturday news, my friend Philip came home from hospital after having brain surgery. It was a tense couple of weeks for lots of us Huge sighs of relief all round, and great to see him on the mend. I think crying in Home Bargains at 2.14pm on Friday  when I got the news that surgery had been successful will go down in history as one of my finest hours !!!

Yesterday dawned with sunshine here in the North East of Blighty, it also became apparent that this really was a brand new day for me. I really felt that a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

I went to town and shopped and prepared food and then waited for what would be the last day of the cricket season { in October}.

At 3pm the toss was made for the first semi.
Overs were limited but I'm sure that no one watching cared about that
Surrey v Gloucs

Surrey won!


Notts up next against Lancs

OMG Chris  Nash {BOSB} only went and got injured fielding.

Notts won though with some outstanding batting especially from  Dan Christianson in the last overs.

Surrey v Notts

So I'd cooked and eaten my French meal and sat feeling sick.  Nashy couldn't play so Peter Trego  stepped in.

AND THEY WON!!

and I got messages from Harry { Notts lad} and cracked open a bottle of champagne because to be honest after Yorkshire , Notts are the matches that I have seen  a lot of .

And that's it for 2020.
The year  that never really was, the year we were all on hold with crappy music. The year we got a year older and looked at life slightly differently.

And now its a new week, a fresh start and in my books its winter now that cricket is over.

Happy Monday 







No comments :