Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 October 2020

Making a plan


After a great response to yesterdays blog, I will be moving from the boundary to the kitchen over the next few weeks, where I will hopefully be giving some helpful advice to having Christmas on your own.
Its going to take me a few days to get the first instalment together, I will be offering up 'cheats;, home cooking ideas, menu plans and recipes.

As Christine suggested yesterday, being able to buy some ingredients in advance will save on extra stress of shopping nearer the time.

I really hope that these will be helpful to people like myself who will be on their own at Christmas.

What I would like to say is that, just because you are going to be on your own, it isn't  an excuse to not treat yourself, its actually the opposite. 

I am even considering giving up my vegan 'sausage' roll recipe which I have clung onto for many years, but feel that in these times, its only right to share.

In other news after my fabulous facial on Saturday I am now shedding skin like a snake  ( which was expected) Its not noticeable although I know. I am booked in again before Xmas for the same again. Yes I am a glutton for punishment but my skin does look amazing.

I had an extra day off yesterday and  I headed out to  take things to the post office and also the charity shop. Busy day on the clearing and eBay front. I also managed to collect some very huge blackberries when out on my walk as well as some more elderberries and a heck of a lot of very big sloes. 
I can home and made some more sloe gin and after finding some cherries in the freezer, that  I had foraged earlier in the summer from the trees around here, I set some cherry brandy away for Christmas.

I may not have done everything that I had planned to but, it was a relaxing day and that was the main thing

well off to the office now, have a good day.





No comments :