Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Watch if you can


Cricket is and always will be a huge part of my life, from growing up surrounded by family  players,  being encouraged to play by my great friend Harry Latchman { and getting coaching from him too}, to sponsoring  two up and coming players. It has been the main focus of my summers for many years and I am very lucky to have a large circle of friends involved in the game in many ways.

This season has been a strange one with none of us being able to support our teams in person and players playing to empty grounds. Something that we hope will not be the norm.

The season came and went and to me it just felt like it had never been here at all. 

However I decided the other evening to watch 'The Test' on Amazon Prime and  I have to say I was hooked. I was hooked by the brutal honesty of the fly on the wall documentary of the Australian team trying to come back from the sandpaper scandal and win the Ashes.

No matter what you feel about Australia { and the cheating} it is, in my opinion, a great watch.

It was great to watch players delighted to play for their country, trying to make their mark and make their country side great again.

As many of you know I am not really an international fan I love domestic cricket, but this was great watching.

The funny thing is that when I woke up this morning my first thought was, I love cricket!!!!!

How great is that!

Huge thanks to my great  friend 'James Bond' who gave me some great advice yesterday.
'Take it a day at a time'

And so with that and my love of cricket in mind I am wending my way to work.


Have a great day 









No comments :