Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 October 2020

Friday musings




Well Autumn is well and truly here, dark mornings, the nights drawing in and the trees changing colour. The  fabulous Horse chestnut along from The Wickets is laden with conkers and I think I will be going down to collect some, not for a game of conkers but they  apparently deter spiders, and I no likey spiders.

Usually at this time of year,I would have written my review of the cricket  season , but there has been so little season and nothing that we could go to see.
Highlights for me were TLJL and his amazing 220* in the game against Sussex. What a great player and of course a personal fave of mine. ( that poor lad!)
Also 'my' Ben and his T20 debut, taking a catch and making my day. I will be continuing to support Ben next season as I know that he has a lot to offer the club.
Yorkshire did not fair well in either the Bob Willis Trophy  or in the T20 competition ( which completes tomorrow with Finals Day in an empty stadium!). However it was a strange season  ( and has been a strange year) , lets see what next season brings.

We are now in October, how quickly this year has gone by, not something that I would like to repeat in a hurry.
I live on my own and although I like my own company 6 months of not seeing many people, is quite telling, I jokingly say that I am becoming a hermit, but sadly with further lockdown in Prince Bishopville, I fear that I may not see anyone but my work colleagues before the New Year.
It can be a bit overwhelming at times, but we all soldier on.

I have something like a million and 20 days holiday standing....................I also have a flight to take ( UK), I really just want to get away somewhere ( yes I know I went to Wetherby a month ago!). Just a change of scenery would be lovely.
However the restrictions imposed on us mean that we are not to leave the area unless it is really necessary.

Oh well I can always change bedrooms and move into The Sanderson suite.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend.
Come on Notts!!!!










No comments :