Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 21 October 2020

Mid week musings

 



Well its the middle of the week and I am about to put a holiday form in for next Monday, a nice little long weekend again, I am trying to use up some holiday, I was going to take extra time off at Xmas, but to be honest I can't see the point, I'll be sitting at home like Billy no mates for nearly 3 weeks, no Malta trip, no friends or family over ( because we all know that is going to how it is). Might as well stay at work until we close and be with my boys.

Funny isn't it that the last 2 Christmases we haven't been able to take holiday apart from the bank holiday, but this year..............


Well enough said about all that nonsense.

I have checked out cricket and there is not a lot to report, which is only to be expected.


Work  at The Wickets has been ongoing with the arrival ( finally ) of the gutter cleaner, you now have to book a slot 2 months in advance to get him to come out.

He was very confident it would be done in no time, so armed with his 'hoover and camera on a stick, he set to.

One hoover full is the norm, he said cheerfully. 

2 hours later and 4 hoovers full, he was not so chirpy but the gutters were cleared. Remind me if I ever buy another house to make sure  they are cleaned before I go in.

Now to deal with the patch of damp in the lounge and hope that the builder comes to do the pointing soon.

I've  had so many probs getting tradesmen whilst living in Ladylaineyville. It makes me wonder if I am asking them to do outlandish things ( like wash windows?)


the lovely Rhys is not back yet due to a positive Covid result in his family, he is due to be available next week  so we will be able to move forward then. And his family member is on the mend thankfully.


Well off to the office where there are only three of us today, so peace and quiet will be the order of the day.


stay safe out there.






No comments :