Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 October 2020

Thoughts for Tuesday


 


Well here we are at Tuesday and  I think here in my neck of the woods we may be bracing ourselves for a two week circuit breaker if rumours are to be believed. Will this help? I am unsure, I am doing everything I can to keep the virus at bay, however I have noticed in the last week or so, many people going into shops without mask. One man when challenged said he couldn't wear a mask because he had asthma.........................and then I passed him in the pedestrianised area of town having a cigarette! 

One thing that has happened is that my hair has gone straight and I mean straight , not a curl or a wave in sight, 7 months have taken its toll I'm afraid. Not even the magic of Jacqui the barnet tamer can do anything with this, I will do as I did when I had mumps ( unknowingly)and my hair went straight ( although not as straight as this), Ill have it cut into a bob and leave it to grow.  

It is what it is, I will have to take the rough with the smooth, or the straight with the curly as it is at the moment.

I know that there are lots of us going through tough times, and  my woes are miniscule, to those of you who are going through the mill, I send much love to you. We all need to try to stick together and be there for each other. 

I'm spending a lot of time cooking, it does appear by some of my tweets that there is a lot of wine or champagne involved, there isn't really, its  usually a glass or two and the remainder  saved for another day. 

What I am trying to do is to go back to  my wine experience  and expand on that, and then get back to cooking, doing some pairings with food. 

Its enjoyable and making me think outside of the world of water.

I have finally made all the chutneys that I  intended to this year, so now onto the Xmas cakes.  

Its going to be a busy few weekends coming up.

I have had to have a change of plan for my Birthday weekend and have sadly had to cancel York and instead I am heading off to ................Seaham! 

Who knew that in one year my holiday destinations would be Wetherby and Seaham ( or Cham as one of my colleagues in London called it)


Anyhoo time to head off to the office.

To all of you where ever you are, please stay safe and take care.

Have a great day





No comments :