Powered By Blogger

Sunday 18 October 2020

TLJL Day


 Its not very often that one player takes over the blog ( in fact in 8 years of blogging it has happened 5 times including this one) and even more unusual for me to write a blog on a Sunday. However today is the birthday of TJLJ.

Although he is no longer a White Rose I personally will always see him as that.

It was a tough couple of seasons for him before he left Yorkshire at the end of 2019 season to move to Kent, something that now, despite Coronavirus and lockdown has seen him make his mark  at the club. In only his second game with them he made an  unbeaten 220  with Jordan Cox batting with him, in what was Kents record partnership for  any wicket.(423 runs against Sussex)





There was much cheering at The Wickets I can tell you.

Over the years at Yorkshire I have seen him play first team and seconds, always with the same enthusiasm.

Cheering him on very vocally at Finals Day in 2016  is how I met TLML. Luckily she did see the funny side of the  shouting old lush behind her!

Amd I will never forget cheering him madly from the posh seats after THAT catch



Jack  has spent winters in Australia working hard on his game over the last few years, not sure about this year though.

And as he notches up another year and more years ahead of him in cricket, I  just want to say happy 27th birthday Jack.


I wish you the very best of luck in the coming year.


There's only one TLJL!!!



No comments :