Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 February 2021

Another day

 


Another day down and its nearly the weekend, I do feel that I am wishing the weeks away most of the time, but to be honest the weekend is all that I have to look forward to. Not that I can do anything when it gets here, but stay home and cook!

I am hoping that I will be called to be vaccinated sometime soon, that will make me feel slightly better I think.

The preparation for the belated Birthday tea party continues, menu is nearly worked out to the last scone.
The 'grown up' party bags have been decorated. I just have to source the last few gifts.
The invitations are in construction and then I have to set a date, again it will depend on various factors.
Cremant de Loire is on order too! Although I totally love Champagne ( except Moet, Lanson and Verve) I have become slightly obsessed with Cremant, made by  methode champenoise   ( but obviously not in the the champagne region), however using different grapes.
Well worth a try if you have never had it.

When I used to go on holiday  to The Vendee you could buy this for just over a Euro a bottle and also my personal favourite dry white wine 'Gros Plant' which is grown in the Nantais region and using the grape that was commonly used for Cognac and Armagnac until the 20th century.

Flipping heck, never mind Lainey Robinson, I seem to have morphed into Jancis Robinson. ( you have to be a certain age to appreciate that).
As a footnote if you have any wine questions that you would like answered, post the wine to me, I'll try it and then try to answer the question!!!




In cricket news, I didn't see any of it and judging  by what I read, I'm kind of glad.

Well another day beckons and I am about to head out on the 167.

have a great Thursday

Stay safe.


No comments :